Just to document.
I'm in a serious nesting phase.
Tonight, at 830 pm, while Pratt and clint watched American Pickers, I found myself on my hands and knees cleaning our shower.
I could hear Clara Fisher's voice in my head. Telling me not to use harsh chemicals while pg. I tried Clara. I started off with peppermint method tub and tile cleaner.
But quickly, moved to bleach. And comet. And a Brillo pad. Oh, and a magic eraser.
My shower is clean. As are the toilets. And the sinks. And the laundry is all done. Oh, and everything is dusted.
But the most impressive part is that I didn't scream at my sweet honey of a husband when he said, "Hannah, why did you choose now to clean the shower!?"
Really!? Really!? Oh. Okay. Because you know. I mean, I WANT to clean a shower on my hands and knees at 9 pm WHILE GIGANTIC PREGNANT.
I just politely said, "because I noticed how dirty it was. And didn't want to wait."
No one seems to really understand that stay at home mothers don't do ANYTHING alone during the day. Seriously. I don't watch tv. I can't get on the computer. I can't pee. Nothing. I always have a little visitor.
So if you're reading this...and you too have wondered why your significant other cleans the shower at 9 pm, it's because time is pretty irrelevant at this point.
I'm gonna go count to 10. Cause I'm mad all over again. Blah.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss
About Me
- hannah
- i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.
1 comment:
Fix me a sandwich and I'm gonna come eat it off your toilet. And chips on your shower floor. Because I know they are sparkling. And when I get EVERYTHING clean- that's what I want...some serious recognition and praise because it never happens all at one time around here (except when I'm 8 months pregnant).
Post a Comment