Tuesday, April 5, 2011

headband.

There's A LOT of extra weight being carried around on my feet right now.

Needless to say, they need a pedicure every week. But it's not feasible. I have a gift certificate from my sweet mother in law from Christmas. I'm gonna use it, but I'd rather use it around 39 weeks. You know...so it will really count.

Today Pratt spotted a blister. Or maybe just a dry patch. Idk. Something didn't look right.




He was pretty worried. Wanted to know if it hurt. If it was gonna get better. Etc.

He took it upon himself to walk upstairs, find his "headband" (bandaid) stash...and stick one on my boo boo.





What a sweet, sweet boy.

In other news, my 34 week appointment went well. I go back in 2 weeks. He will check me then and we will begin going every week!!! Crazy!!!!

I'm not ready. At all. I already miss the sleep I'm never gonna get.

Also, I'm thinking about no epidural. Yes. Bc people did it forever. And it can't be THAT bad! Right!?

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Clara said...

Oh no! The cleaning fumes have gone to your head! No pain control? If anyone can do it, it's you, Miss "I just got to the hospital 5 cm dilated and smiling".

I'm happy to know that you listen to my random pieces of advice (even if you disregard them)! Thanks for the email, more things for me to ponder at the supermarket. Maybe my voice will pop into Anderson's head later on in life...

Anonymous said...

ok - two things:
get a french manicure on your toes...they last forever and if it doesn't, get another one.
YOU NEED THIS.
secondly, I, too, thought no epidural the first time around. Then my doctor told me about something called a "walking epidural". you can still walk and help labor progress. And the best thing was that by the time i started to push, it had worn off and I felt the birth of Katie. I wouldn't have changed A THING!!!
Do you have a birth plan yet?
laura

Anonymous said...

I would say it would depend on your situation. I didn't have any pain meds with my second one, but it was because he came so fast. 19 minutes in the hospital from the front door to the time Jackson entered the world. It hurt, but it was quick and was over before I knew what happened. However, if I would have had time to get one, you becha I would have!
I do miss your posts on FB but I think I may enjoy your blog more!

Ann

you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss

About Me

My photo
i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.