Monday, June 16, 2008

twins, huh?

we were in hot springs this weekend for father's day. we had gone out to eat....and i needed to use the restroom. go figure.


so i'm standing there...waiting in line. which i think is totally unreasonable. people should allow pregnant people to pee first...but i guess this hasn't become a public service announcement yet. i'm not being high maintenance. i'm just being serious. there is a distinct pain that comes from having to urinate while pregnant. i can't describe it. it's truly painful though.

so this sweet little waitress comes up and says, "oh...when are you due?". i said, "september." meanwhile...thinking to myself...it's so nice that i finally look pregnant... not just bloated or chubby. and she goes....(get ready for it)...."oh...so you're having twins!".

yes. that's what she said. i just said, "nope. it's one baby." and she preceeded to tell me that the doctor must not have seen the second heartbeat. she asked me how many ultrasounds we had...because "obviously" they missed the second baby. she went on and on and on. i wanted to punch her in the face.

when i got back to the condo, i rewarded myself with a piece of peanut butter pie. because i was emotionally abused...and i deserved it. me and my twins.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah, I hope you're journaling all of this somewhere. I mean, more than what we get here.
You should seriously write a book.

"Funny Things That Happened to Me When I was Pregnant."

emily and adrian said...

Whatever....crazy waitress. She must have been on speed to talk that much. I love it when servers give advice!
If it makes you feel any better, I look like I am having triplets in my tummy and twins in my ass.
Oh, and Juliette aksed a large lady, not pregnant, 3 TIMES, "do you have a baby in there?" I was mortified.

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

what? seriously? i don't think i would have been so nice and listened to her. and can I just say you do not look like you are having twins!! hello!

Meredith said...

You so don't look like twins--I, on the other hand, gained 70 freaking pounds with Graham, and got that comment more times than I could ever remember. Hang in there, Hannah! It seems the "crazies" always find the pregnant girls and feel free to say anything.

Ben and Bethany said...

don't worry about those people as I called them when I was pregnant...once I was told "you're due in October...are you sure you're eating enough?" I was so mad - so I decided then and there she was jealous and I stick to it to this day :) btw - Jackson was born a week early and weighed 8 lbs 6 oz...in yo' face ;)

you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss

About Me

My photo
i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.