so, i have mono.
yes. remember how i said i wasn't feeling well. yeah...because i have mono.
my person, whitney (this only makes sense to you if you watch gray's)...anyway, she got me an appointment with a family doctor yesterday. at 115. she watched pratt the entire doctors visit.
anyway, if you need a family doctor in the little rock area, i can highly recommend dr. blake mcgowan. at little rock family practice clinic. corner of north rodney parham and highway 10.
i typically go into the doctor knowing that they will rush through everything. rarely looking up. not really listening. you see, my doctor from back home is dr. larry braden. he is honestly the closest thing to Jesus himself. i LOVE him. he is patient and kind. never interrupts. so incredibly softspoken. love him.
anyway, i haven't found anyone like him. and of course it's not feasible for me to drive to camden for the doctor.
well, i found him. dr. mcgowan. so incredibly nice.
so my fever was 103 something yesterday. the nurse said, "your little cheeks are red." and whitney said, "do you think maybe you have fever?". i said, "i dunno anymore. i'm always hot."
yes, i had fever. and my throat is nas.ty. he thought...and hoped it was strep. but the strep was negative. so it's mono. well, he assumes. something about how typically the mono test won't show up positive until you've had it for at least 7 to 10 days. the symptoms...
anyway, there isn't anything you can do about it. if you've never had it, consider yourself lucky. my muscles hurt all over. and my bones. (i was convinced i had multiple myeloma). and high fever. sore throat. hurts to swallow.
are you depressed yet? :)
anyway, cookie was so kind to come get pratt yesterday. dr. mcgowan said that he assumes that's what pratt's fever virus was about last week. that's pretty much all he would get from it. on the other hand, i got 4 to 6 weeks of getting over this.
cookie has pratt now. and we'll go from there. it's just so hard to play and be active for him when i have fever and feel as bad as i do.
please keep us in your prayers. clint is really tired of dealing with me :) i'm not a very fun sick person :) i get that honestly. i'm a hypochondriac...thanks dad!
anyway, pray that i kick this soon. sugar's wedding is july 25th. i have to feel better at that wedding. the flip side is that the temperature outside is PERFECT for me during those cold, fever shivers :)
have great days. i'll update pictures as soon as we do anything noteworthy!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss
About Me
- hannah
- i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.
9 comments:
Yuck. I'm so sorry, Hannah. Honestly, the closest I've ever been to suicidal was when I had mono in the 10th grade. (At least, they THINK it was mono, but it MIGHT have been the flu...huh?) At the time, I couldn't believe they were letting me go home. I was sure I was dying! Anyway, none of that was particularly positive but was meant to convey that I do know how you feel, and it ain't good.
Hope it gets better very, very soon.
And not to mention Dr. McGowan is HOT himself!!!
i'm so sorry, but i am really glad you have family to watch pratt. being sick and being a mother at the same time is so hard...kind of an oxymoron...i don't know how to spell that term, sorry mrs. kirtley.
anyway, get plenty of rest. go buy some trashy magazines, and feel better soon!
praying for you, hope you feel better really soon. we are going out of town tonight, but i am going to call you when i get back, and bring you some dinner.
don't argue with me :)
love you.
O Han! I am SO sorry to hear how sick you are!! I will definitely be praying that you feel better! Thank goodness for grandparents!!
Miss you.
I'm so sorry. We've been out of town and I just saw where you are sick :(
Ben had it like 10 years ago and said it was the sickest he'd ever been and it was when he was in the air force and they wouldnt give him any time off until finally someone figured out it was mono. He said the steroid shot was the best thing ever invented. Here's hoping you feel better :)
i'm so sorry that you are so sick-yuck! i'll pray that you feel better soon!!!
HANNAH!!! I know you don't feel good and I hate it but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post some new pictures of your beautiful family and a Pratt update or SOMETHING!!! I need my Pratt!
I am so sorry! Ed and I both had Mono, back to back, last year. It is incredibly hard to care for yourself, not to mention a child while you are in the bed trying not to curl up in a ball.
I hope you get much better very very soon!
Post a Comment