this morning in church, our pastor told a story.
he said that this week he was visiting an older woman, "a woman 30 years his senior". i would assume that would put the woman in her 80s or 90s. anyway, he said as he walked up to her, she was deep in thought. when he asked her what she was thinking about, she told him, "i was just sitting here thinking of my mom."
he said something about how no matter how old we get, we will always think of our mothers.
i couldn't help but cry. i'm crying now as i type this.
my mother lost her mom a long time ago. i was just a little girl. my sister was a baby.
i remember my mimi. but not nearly as much as i wish i did.
poppy had a heart attack on valentine's day. and mimi died very shortly after of a broken heart.
i have seen the pictures of my mother after both her parents passed away at such young ages. she is extremely thin. too thin. and she looks tired.
for some reason, this mothers day, this is what i've been thinking of all day long.
my mom. and her mom. and how she must miss her so much. every day...but especially on mothers day.
i've thought about how my mom has been so vital in keeping me sane. how she has been the one i call whenever anything is wrong with pratt. how she is the one that always reminds me that clint loves me. and that maybe i'm being overly emotional. and to relax. and yet, at the same time, she's the one that understands. understands that i'm sometimes tired. and sometimes hurt. and she allows me those bad days.
it hurts me to think that my mom missed out on any of that with her mother.
so, mom...or cookie :), if you're reading this...please know that i love you. and that we are so lucky to have you. and i honestly cannot imagine my life without you.
happy mothers day. have fun with pratt. i know he's loving all the attention.
see you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss
About Me
- hannah
- i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.
3 comments:
I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day. I honestly feel like I am a better mom because of you. You have helped me, advised me, and I really feel like I have done better because of that. I really mean that.
Today I was laying by Brylee and she was pulling my "mom" charm. She found it, and she loves it.
Thank you for that gift. I seriously feel so proud to wear it, it is the best gift I have get gotton. And I know what you mean about the crying...today was just one big tear jerker.
You are a good mom, I love you.
That was so sweet and I know your mom appreciates it so much. Happy Mother's Day to you, too, on this very special day for you!
Well, it's Monday night and I just got Pratt to bed and had time to read the blog (for the first time since Sat)Yes,I think that Mother's Day might be one of the hardest days to celebrate. But because I have 2 wonderful daughters and a wonderful husband my years without my mom and dad have been made much easier. And this year I had the pleasure of keeping my precious little Pratt, who can brighten up anyones day. Thank you and Clint for letting me keep him for a few days. Love, Mom
Post a Comment