so, i'm not sure how moms that work are able to do it.
seriously. i mean, i think i'm pretty busy during the day. and my house still isn't perfect, and my meals still aren't cooked everynight. etc. etc.
but you girls that work...AND are moms...well, there should be a whole new day dedicated just for that. and on those days, you should all be whisked away to spas. and have massages and facials...ALL DAY LONG.
honestly. today, i'm up at clint's office. here's how my morning went...
i got up at 630 am. now, it takes me about 25 minutes to get ready. start to finish. shower to walking out of the bathroom. on good days, it takes 20 minutes. yes, i'm fast. and...i never learned how to wear or properly put on makeup. true story. so, that part doesn't exist in my routine. i feel like a giant freaky clown when i have on makeup. i dunno...i'm just being honest. i feel like everyone is staring at my face.
okay, so i am ready by 650 this morning. i go downstairs. get pratt's bottle ready. and i hear him moving. so i get him. feed him. change his clothes. put on his lotion. his clothes for the day. and then i begin to get his bag ready for the day.
the day of just being at dad's office. which...requires the following...
1. 5 diapers.
2. bottles
3. formula
4. applesauce/cereal
5. 2 blankets (one to sleep with, one to lay on while on the floor)
6. books and toys to read while at the office
7. ziploc bag full of rattles and other brightly colored stuff
8. making sure the wipe container is full
9. shoes and socks
i think that's it. maybe, i probably forgot something.
anyway, i'm running around to make sure i have all that. and he's busy yaking all over my black shirt. because that's what he does when i feed him and then shake him on my hip going up and down and up and down the stairs.
i get him in the carseat and realize that i don't have anything to eat. and i eat about 6 times a day people. small meals...yes, but still...i have to have something on my tummy.
so i run back inside and get a water and a banana.
i should say here that i HATE bananas. does anyone remember multiples? the clothes? they had holes in the armpits? weird...anyway, my mom bought me a yellow multiple jumper.
so picture this...me, in the 3rd grade, wearing my bright yellow jumper (ala mc hammer pants), with underoos that said, "macys" across the butt. they were a christmas present from aunt carol in new york. who knew that you'd be able to see them through the bright yellow outfit.
well, you could. but that wasn't the worst. the worst was that EVERYONE on that playground at whiteside called me, "hannah banana". and rightly so.
all that to say that i hate bananas to this day because of this incident.
and so i'm sitting here...hungry as a bear. just choked down that gross banana. ugh. and now all i want is a chicken biscuit from mcdonalds. with a dollar sweet tea. yum.
i think i'll go do squats instead. let's hope no one walks in....
also, i don't even want to go home today. my house is a wreck. in the midst of trying to get pratt and myself ready, a tornado came through and destroyed everything. looks like i know what i'll be doing when i get home today at 5....when all i really will want to do is sit down and watch kris allen...and eat a big bag of oreos.
a long road to a short house...kudos to you working moms. kudos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss
About Me
- hannah
- i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.
9 comments:
Hey! I'm doing the challenge and came across your blog, WOW! You are such a hoot! Gave me a good laugh this morning, thanks!
oh girl, it's certainly not easy at all to be a working mom. I am so OCD so I have to make myself lists all of the time of all of the steps that I have to take to get things done. the house was NEVER clean so I had to hire someone to do it. but by the time I get home from work, I have to wash bottles, feed graham, cook dinner, clean the kitchen, wash clothes, fold clothes, make G's bottles for the next day. Thankfully bathtime is chad's deal . But often times I get really sad because i feel like I don't get to spend enough time with Graham during the week. balacing work and mommy life is certainly a task, that is FOR SURE! I love reading your blog, Hannah. It always gives me the laugh that I need for the day!
Okay I am freaked, because NO JOKE...just days ago for no reason at all, I thought about you wearing the yellow multiple...I don't know why this came to me, but I remember feeling bad for you that day...even though we all still thought it was way cool and trendy...visable panties or not!
SO, I'm psychic. That's all.
Oh, and as for the tornado....embrace it. One day many many years from now, we will miss the mess.
it is hard...somehow we get out the door every morning and sometimes I get to work and see that there is spit up on me and or slobber...i just don't care anymore for the most part. my ocd does kick on at times though. i just don't watch as much tv as night anymore. my hubby helps out alot and we try to make the most of the time we do have as a family too.
hannah...i think you're going to be my saving grace during this challenge...maybe i should say my saving laugh my you know what off. it's so nice to know that there is someone else out there going through things that i think i'm all alone in. not that i'm glad a tornado went through your house, but only that i wasn't the only one in its path.
and my word verification is "brang" how arkansas can you get?! lol...
i think you've inspired my next post. about how my mornings go getting me & z ready. which includes awaking at 5:30, a commute to conway, dropping him off at his deedee's, feeding him, driving to work, working TWELVE hours, commuting back to little rock, and guess what...he's already asleep....then i get to do it all over again at 5:30. Except, oh, wait, he's awake from 1 to 3:30am, back up at 4:08, back up at 5:45...aaaaaahhhhhhh!
and people trust me with their medications? scary...
lol!
I feel oh so encouraged by your post to working moms...I mean, I can't even remember to pack my clothes for the weekend..I told Phillip that I'm sure I'll be forgetting Parker at some point.
I also just read the post with Pratt's shoes I got him..love it! I've got to find Parker a pair.
A bag of oreos, huh? I just might have used a cheat today if I were you! Seriously, I totally have those days! Goodness, but I am glad you overcame the temptation.
And the thought of you doing squats in a dental office is pretty amusing!
Post a Comment