so today is day 2. no sugar. no fried foods. little carbonated beverages. actually, i haven't had any of that either. so...day two...seven am...i have a headache like you wouldn't believe.
which totally freaks me out. proves that my body is completely, one hundred percent addicted to caffeine. frightening. and makes me want to stay away from it anyway.
so yesterday after lunch, pratt was napping...and all i wanted was chocolate. because after meals, that is usually the time i really want it. "just a little piece", at least that's what i say. then it turns into a big piece...or an entire bar. or bag. yes, it really does.
my dad caught me eating a two pound bag of peanut m&m's when i was a kid. sitting on the couch...watching tv...eating away. he sat down next to me and said, "hannah, never ever ever do drugs. you won't be able to stop."
i think he realized that i wasn't moving until that bag was gone.
anyway, back to lunch. my sister hid all my candy sunday night.
so yesterday, i was standing at the refrigerator, door wide open...looking in for something that might cure my sweet tooth.
that's when i saw it.
hershey chocolate syrup.
it was the only chocolate i could find. and i swear it was looking at me, saying..."hello hannah! i'm here...right here! on the second shelf! woooo, pick me!!!"
i sort of yelped...and for a split second thought about taking it and squeezing it with both hands. all over my face.
i slammed the door of the fridge and texted tanna. "could i have an atomic fireball instead...or is that considered sugar?"
she told me that she thought it would be fine...as long as i didn't have ten.
so i enjoyed the fireball. and closed my eyes and dreamed it was chocolate.
ri.diculous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss
About Me
- hannah
- i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.
8 comments:
I am laughing so hard at the mental picture of you with Hershey's dripping down your chin! Love it! And so proud of you for resisting!!
And I need your address. Remeber the XS energy drinks we talked about? No or very little sugar, and will help with the headaches w/o all the caffeine! You can call or text me at 626-1120. I can send you a mixed case of all the flavors for you to try out.
Have a great day 2!
i am cracking up over here.
hahahaha! That's great!! I'm proud of you for not giving into temptation...I drank a can of Diet Dr. Pepper last night and it didn't even taste good to me.
Michael and I got 3 boxes of thin mints at easter. We keep one sleeve in the freezer and he made a "2 per day limit" shyeah. as if.
He counts them and calls me out when he knows I cheated. The other day I opened the pantry and found where he was hiding the other boxes and let out a yelp and cackled. They're all mine. Good luck with your challenge. I am too big of a wus to even attempt that.
Hannah, good for you for not eating that chocolate!! When I read the part about you eating the big bag of peanut m&m's, I cracked up. Those too are my weakness, I could seriously eat the entire bag too! Good Luck the rest of this week :)
Congrats on not giving in. I too am struggling on Day 2 with no chocolate. I am craving it bad. My gum is getting chewed faster and faster and Im downing the water. Good Luck!
I had to read this to Kyle, you're so funny. Keep up the good work. :)
way to go hannah on the fireball! you crack me up! i love reading your blog!
Post a Comment