pratt looks like clint. i know, i know. exactly like clint. with my chin...but pretty much he is a little clint. that's what my dad always says when he sees him, "well, hello little clint!"
the other night, a friend of mine found me on facebook. her name is amber. i haven't seen her since we were kids. we lived on the same street at our first house. peppertree.
anyway, i was trying to find a picture of her for clint to see. i figured there might be on in my babybook. before i knew it, we were looking at all the pictures my mom kept inside it.
and we came across this one...

i LOVE this picture. i always have.
this was my preschool class at ms. sharon's. in 1983. to 1984.
i am on the back row. the sixth person from the left. and you can't see it, but ms. sharon is holding my hand. i was a nervous wreck. clint said i was a teacher's pet. it wasn't that...it's just that i was painfully shy for such a long, long time. i still have a touch of social anxiety...and i think it's left over from my younger years. there is nothing more difficult for me than walking in a room full of strangers...who knows.
my favorite thing about this picture is on the front row. last kid on the right side.
he is wearing a red shirt. and blue jeans. and he has the greatest head of hair ever.
it's jarrod wolfe. some of you probably don't know jarrod...that's irrelevant. look at his face. priceless.
i loved preschool. i should probably write ms. sharon and thank her. she might be the reason i have always loved school. i'd go back right now if i could take pratt with me.
i remember when you walked in the front door, there was a huge jukebox. and it played "eye of the tiger". and one day we acted like eskimos and we ate sardines and built igloos with marshmallows.
and i think we went on a fishing trip to debbie and tim reynolds house. and i caught my first fish. my mom kept that thing in the freezer for a month. no one at my house knew how to skin it.
neelie is in the picture. she's on the second row. hidden behind kari davis who looks like she might kill neelie if she moves. kari's face is hilarious.
anyway, this is really for jarrod and heather. i figured heather would love it.

7 comments:
Okay Gini Henley...Ashley Everett....Sarah Green....I love this photo! I have one from Barbara Bacon's preschool...was this the same one? I don't remember who my teacher was . I only remember the playgroud, naptime, and having a Christmas gift exchange. Barbie (do you remember her?) gave me a rock concert. Preschool was tops, I do miss it.
Remember the little boy between Jarod and Jason Wilson? His mom thought he was a genius because at age 2 he could "read" McDonalds when they passed it. What kid couldn't recognize McDonalds! Only thing was Hannah didn't call it McDonalds, but eieio's. Oh the little boy was David Moss.
Cookie
great pic! i wonder what q and pratt will think of the way that we dress them when they are 30 and looking back? or, will they even look back or care? probably not, they are boys!
What a small world. I have known Amber since 6th Grade! (We both lived in Pine Bluff.)
I knew that was you before I read which one you were! Same facial expression you have today!
I forgot how handsome I was back in the day. I am glad your mom remembered david moss because that has been bugging me all day. Maybe I should grow my hair out so I can have a fro again.
holy moly. heather and jarrod will love it...because that is judson in preschool. it's like watching medium.
Post a Comment