It's really helped him to get back on schedule from all our traveling.
The prayer goes like this...
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
May the angels watch me through the night,
And keep me in their blessed sight.
Amen.
He bows his head, puts his tiny hands together and closes his eyes.
And at the end, he says, "amen".
It's the sweetest sound I've ever heard. Last night I was closing his curtains when I turned around and he was all ready for his prayer.
Hands clasped and head bowed.
I feel like in some small way I've done a good job. For all the reasons he will need therapy when he's older, I did succeed with one thing. One really important thing.
Tonight I got a picture of it...
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he shall not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6.

1 comment:
this brings me to tears- love those little praying hands!!
Post a Comment