it was so pretty and peaceful. they were just laying there...all cuddled up in the grass. the front of our yard is covered in weeds...then on up, closer to the house, there is grass. they were in the grass. clint thought it was strange that they weren't in a more covered area. who knows. i think they can sense that i don't kill animals...so it's safe here :)
this morning at 9:15, ace was barking at the front door. i got up to see what it was because he's been barking at this small calico cat that has been hanging around. i love kittens. so i shushed him...and ran to the front.
here is what i saw. the same five, clint thinks. eating away.


they are such pretty animals. i know they will eat our flowers and someday i'll wish they weren't all up in the yard. but for now, i like them being able to be here. i like being somewhere so removed from town that they'll come up and hang out. i hope pratt gets to see this as he gets older. i'm sure he will.
one day, he'll probably be in a diaper and boots...come running in screaming, "mom, mom! deer! deer!"
oh, i just can't wait...

5 comments:
You're probably going to think I'm crazy for wondering about this - but when writing - which is more correct: "Ya'll" or "Y'all"
I actually spend a lot of time wondering this because I see Ya'll so much, but it seems that if it is a contraction between You and All, then maybe Y'all is right?
I really don't know. And I probably should find something better to think about at night, huh?
:)
I can't wait for Pratt to be running in cowboy boots and a diaper either. I hope I can meet him someday.
I'm sure you realize that those deer are grazing in that particular area because of the tender green grasses brought forth by the skilled burning by your husband and myself. And you thought we didn't know what we were doing.
Hannah, that is too funny. Ali got her first *real* pair of boots last week when we were in Arkansas. She's been going around singing songs about being a cowgirl and riding horses. She loves to go ride the golf cart at my parents' house in Searcy to go find the deer or cows. I kind of think she'd be totally happy as a country girl! Does Pratt like older women? ;)
(And Laura, it's Y'all. You are correct about it being a contraction between You and All)
That's cool. In our neighborhood, we just get hippies walking in our yard, and stray cats.
Sorry you guys got away today before I could come in and hug on Pratt. I'm glad things went quickly for you though. Hope your little man is all better soon!
I can't believe your visions of the future still involve diapers.
be careful what you wish for. jackson has rain boots that he wants to wear all.the.time.
Post a Comment