Tuesday, May 15, 2012

burnon.

I'm fairly certain that leaving my baby with the nurse to head to the surgery room while I was sent back to the waiting room is the hardest thing I've done since I had to leave him in the NICU 3 years, 8 months and 1 day ago.

I almost started crying. But I didn't. Only because I know it's out of my hands.

I've been explaining to him that he will get medicine to fall asleep. And then he will wake up and it will be out. We have talked about Vernon. And about how he helps people fall asleep. So this morning he kept asking where "Burnon" was ;)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss

About Me

My photo
i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.