Thursday, June 24, 2010

a country boy can survive.

his exact words to his dad and sugar were...

"duna tech foo foo."

in english that would be "gonna catch foo foo", you know like little bunny foo foo. we have this baby bunny that is living in our front yard. and he saw it yesterday and fell in love.



yes, folks. he's making sentences now.

later he yelled from the kitchen, "help! make boo berries!"

i've taught him to say "help" instead of the constant whine/scream that is so annoying. he was trying to make oatmeal and no one was paying attention. so when clint went in there, he loud and clear, asked him to help him make blueberry oatmeal.

he has gotten so big. i didn't even speak words when i was 21 months old. much less half sentences. if he didn't have my chin, i'd say he wasn't my child.

1 comment:

Christy Carr said...

funaFirst if all, I love the new picture at the top of the blog. Great beach shot.
Secon, I want to tell you how very sorry I am you and what you have been going through. I can't imagine how you must feel but I know sadness must be a prevailing emotion. Despair should be scarce because I know...and I hope you know...that Pratt's baby brother or sister will come along when the time is right and then you will have two amazing kids to chase and love all day long.I know that having such a close family has helped you through this and because of their help, you will be able to relax a few days, get your strength back in no time. Then it's off for a fun filled summer precious Pratt.
Funny story you are going to love... I thought of it after I read how you had taught Pratt to say "help" rather than whine. I unfortunaly failed that in motherhood...so after church last sunday Carolina and I are having one of our "rounds" in the car because I've said that we are not going out to lunch. Welllll she, true to her never surreder beliefs. We are "talking" loudly in the car while heading home. I threw in a few "If I talked to my parents like You talked to me..." and "you are just a selfish child" and other berating statements. Then I brought out the big guns..."I will pull this car over and spank that butt" And so, within jus a few seconds I was stopped at th 4 way stop on Washington and I turned around and slapped her legs several times.

Fast forward to the next day...
Virginia walks in to swim practice and the coach calls her over. He asks her if her mom ever really pulled over...turns out Virginia had butt dialed.

you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss

About Me

My photo
i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.