i was going to call it "lately" but thought "thursday thoughts" sounded much better. more creative. i'm not creative. i have no creative bone in my body. seriously. the last thing i did creative was write my name in paint marker on my see-through pink swatch phone in the fifth grade. and i'm pretty sure that even then, i copied the idea from spencer.
oh well.
pratt is extra clingy lately. wants to be held all the time. when you put him down, he pulls at your shirt. wanting you to keep holding him. he won't let his feet touch the ground. instead, he pulls them up into his tummy. it's really quite funny. and i find myself trying to put him down just to see him work his abs.
i'm sure it's because of the sickness...but i'll take it. he's feeling a little better. still not himself though.
my 30th birthday present is finally...well, 75% complete.
my bookshelves. the bookshelves i've begged for...oh, i dunno. for years. we've never had bookshelves before. and there is just something about them. something clean. and classic. my parents have a "study" at home. dad's study. and it's filled with books. i love that room. it was always shocking to me that nearly every book in there had been read by either my mom or dad. i loved that.
well, here is a picture of our shelves. i have to brag. a business in town built them for us. and then my talented, anal and perfectionist of a husband painted them. don't they look wonderful? we still have to get the doors on bottom part...and the shelves in at the top. but it just totally changes the way that room looks. i can't really claim any credit for these. about all i did was take the shelves out so that the case could be painted.


pratt has lost a little bit of weight due to the d.rear. so, i'm trying to put weight on him. when you consider the fact that he only weighs 20 pounds...2 pounds is quite a bit of weight to lose.
enter poptarts.

he loves them. of course he does. his momma could eat poptarts everyday for the rest of her life.
i have so many pictures that need to be framed. i find that lately i have such good intentions on things...but can't get everything accomplished. for that reason, i've tried to stop making lists. because when i make lists...and don't get everything checked off before bed...i can't sleep. and let me tell you...me not sleeping is not good.
oh, and pratt is attempting to lose his morning nap. whatever kiddo. whatever. the book says that 80 percent have lost that nap by 15 months. and that from 12 to 15 can be rough. because sometimes one nap isn't enough...yet two naps seems impossible. he went down at 1122. it's 218 and he's still asleep. hopefully he can make this a 3 hour nap. and then wake and be refreshed. apparently, i'm supposed to start pushing his bedtime earlier because of the loss of the morning nap. i'll work on that next week. when he's feeling better.
clint is busy freaking me out with halloween decor from walgreens. i hate masks. it stems back to when i was a kid. paxton singleton who lived next door to me, came over one night and knocked on our window with a dang mask on. i peed my pants and have never been the same. i don't "do" halloween trick or treating because of masks. nothing scares me more than a person in a mask being all quiet. i mean, come on.
he hung this crazy death eater in our guest bathroom under the stairs. let me just say this...i almost had a heart attack. he should be glad that i don't kill him in his sleep. he said he almost put it in my closet. i would have died y'all. DIED.

i've been thinking of halloween costumes. i have to just get over the halloween hate i have. i mean, after all...pratt isn't going to do well with his mom being scared of kids in masks.
i have a great costume for pratt. i found the sweetest little hippo costume. after all, we call him prattopottamus. but i'm leaning towards the entire family dressing up. including ace. i don't want to say just what we're doing yet...i'm still trying to talk clint into it.
and finally, pratt has been busy doing laundry. naked. because after all, isn't doing anything naked...much more fun than doing it with clothes on?
thought so...

oh, and he likes to close doors now too.

have wonderful weekends!

4 comments:
Love the naked pics-haha...
And I REALLY love the shelves, I have always wanted something like that. I will have to show Brandon these pictures and copy...maybe!!! Looks great girl.
OMG Hannah! What a scandalously fantastic blog! Those little bare cheeks at the dryer are the most adorable little things. I love your writing style..its so..lol, me! So glad to see you on here! Hope we get to hang out more!
So many things to respond to.
1) If you don't think you're creative - you need to read what you write little missy. The words in your head are much more impressive than any alliteration I throw out there. :o)
2) I have complete shelf envy. I should probably not come visit you at home, because I will try to take them with me.
3) Amen on the wanting to get things done and somehow never getting there. Just, amen.
4) I'm going to be following your nap journey, so keep us posted on that.
5) I'm too scared to do naked time with Abs...I think she'd just pee on something for the fun of it, and well, we're renting. But, it makes for some cute pictures, huh?
6) I'm completely overthinking Halloween. I have no costume lined up and its stressing me out.
7. If that's the same Praxton I know (how many can there be?) He was kinda an odd duck all through school.
Gee, is that enough information for you? K, I'll go back to my blog now. :)
omg, so cute...naked laundry. I love him.
You should dress up like Crazy Gloria for Hween!!! Why is it that no one I know has done this?! It's up to you Hannah.
Post a Comment