dear pratt,
tonight i was talking to your dad and i was reminded of something. so often, i think of something and immediately ideas come to mind. things i need to tell you before i forget. and that's what these letters are for. because i will never remember when you're all grown up and you'll want to hear stories about your mom and dad. stories that you'll laugh at. these are the best stories. i love hearing "real" stories about my parents. enjoy.
one. i once dropped out of a philosophy course at college because on the first day we were asked to define philosophy. and i couldn't. i didn't know what to say. what to write. i felt like such an idiot. so instead of laughing it off, i just didn't go back. i remember the classroom. it was in the bible building. and there were all these smart people with glasses. i can't remember what i wrote. i may very well have gotten up from the table and faked an illness. it was bad. i started sweating under my arms and on my upper lip. tragic.
two. once i winked at someone who had tourettes. i thought he was winking at me. he wasn't. he actually winked because of the tourettes. he was a senior in college. i was a lowly freshman. and he was the lab assistant. and he was a cutie. he was helping a group of us one night with some stuff in the lab. and i just happened to look up and see him. and he winked at me. well, at least, i thought he did. and so i, thinking that this senior was winking at me...i TOTALLY winked back. and he gasped, turned around and left the lab. i was a little confused...but just thought he was playing hard to get. i went back to my roommate, emily and told her. she was the one that told me he had tourettes. needless to say, he never spoke to me again.
three. just take my advice on this one....everyone's butthole is in a totally different place. long story. this is what i learned in medical school. that buttholes aren't in the same place. i'll tell you more about this later. it's pretty embarrassing.
four. your poptart once slipped on a kotex outside of walmart. when it happened, he did the splits. it wasn't pretty. i started laughing so hard that i wet my pants. when he was able to pick himself up off the ground, he made me ride on the floor of the car the entire way home.
five. i once broke up with a boy for writing the word "there" when he should have used "their". seriously. before you date a girl, make sure she knows the difference in these word pairs, "their/there", "its/it's", "you're/your" and "to/too". drives.me.insane.
okay. that's probably enough crazy for one night :)
love, mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss
About Me
- hannah
- i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.
6 comments:
Oh Hannah you seriously wrote butthole. Wow. Way to go. I might need to hear that story sometime.
I think I need to know about the butthole too.. I also had to read the kotex story again to make sure I read it correctly.. I did.
Hannah, you crack me up! I, too, have thing about people using the wrong words! It AMAZES me how many educated (supposedly), professional people don't know the correct use of their/there, etc. And to add to your list -- hear/here, where/wear and sometimes they use "two" for to! What is up with that?? I don't get it! I'm assuming poptart is your dad? That's hilarious! I can soooooooooooo picture that and I'm right there with you on the wetting your pants when you laugh! It's going to get worse as you age, you know that, right??
The comments from "Friend" was from me (Kimmy's Mom)! I'm not proficient in this blogging thing, but I think I fixed it!
Marsha
merciful days hannah. i'm pretty glad you went private if it means we get stories like that. ah, the wink. it gets all tangled up with molly and "if he was a peach..." and he didn't have tourettes, i think it was just a tick. i was a little over-dramatic back then. right.
I am trying to hold my sleeping baby, but I'm laughing so hard he's probably going to wake up..in that case, i'm calling you to come hold him....
Post a Comment