Sunday, May 25, 2008

memorial day

we had a wonderful weekend with my parents in hot springs. clint and i got to get out on the boat for the first time this year. i didn't get any pictures...and that's probably best, as i'm not the hottest girl on the lake in my liz lange bathing suit. :)

in an attempt to be skin cancer free...i'm very white. which means that i burned in the thirty minutes we were out on saturday. so i stayed out of the sun today. clint tried to wakeboard...but the pull rope was missing. maybe next time....

the highlight of the weekend was getting a rainbow vacuum cleaner! i just cannot express how excited i was/am about this thing. my mother got one several years ago. they were way too expensive...for a new one...so we bought a refurbished one in hot springs. for a used vacuum...it was still pretty expensive. but it came with a two year warranty...and probably a lifetime of happiness for me.

i love having a clean house. with a dog and cat...we have so much hair around here, it's just gross. luckily, we only have 2 rugs. but with a baby on the way...we both want to make sure we do all we can to have fresh air around here.

if you've never used one of these before...i can't describe how fabulous they are. they trap all the dirt and dust in the water. it's bagless. as soon as we pulled into the driveway today, i got out and instead of carrying my bags in...i brought in the rainbow. and started cleaning.

our living room rug alone was filthy. disgusting. i should have taken a picture of it. then we cleaned this chair that yoda sits on all the time. the vacuum can be used as an air purifier. so we put fresh water in the basin with a little deodorizer...and let it run for about 15 minutes.

i promise that when we looked at the water, it had hair and little white specks in it.

gross me out. that was in our air. what we're breathing.

i can't wait until tomorrow. i'm going to use it on our mattress. the lady at the store said the water would literally turn white with all the dust mites and dead skin cells. yuck. yuck. yuck.

i'll keep you posted. i'm sure you're interested! :)

hope you enjoyed the holiday.

4 comments:

emily said...

i'm green with envy. my mother has had a rainbow forever. last year it broke and they had to buy a new one - after about 20 years. they refurbished the old one and gave it to my sister. imagine my disapproval.

right before our wedding, a KIRBY dealer showed up at my soon-to-be-husband's house and wooed him into buying THE WORST VACCUM CLEANER IN THE WORLD. and it to this day is one of the very few things we disagree about.

rainbow lovers unite :)

Meredith said...

Will you come clean our carpet?! :) Happy cleaning!

emily and adrian said...

You know how you always say you love getting any brand new school supply...pencils, notebooks, etc? that's how I feel about cleaning products! You'd think my house would be sparkling with all of the cleaning gadgets I have...but sadly, I use them for a week and lose interest. I've done a few infomercials for cleaning products and Adrian always makes fun of me because I go on and on about how they REALLY WORK!!! They don't....BUT..
I hear the Rainbow system is no joke, and having a clean house for the baby is half the battle! I'm once again, impressed Hannah!

Unknown said...

It's true! I love the rainbow! Scott thinks it is so silly that I have one, because of the price! I am lucky to have received the refurbished one! I registered for an upright b/c I thought I would like the convenience....I got it about 3 months ago, and it is still in the box!

you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss

About Me

My photo
i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.