Thursday, October 24, 2013

library card.

i remember taking Pratt to our library for the first time. And asking if he could get his own card. And I remember they told him he had to be older. I swear they said 10. But no. Apparently they said 5. 

because today we were there and we tried to log onto the new 5-12 computers. But my card didn't work.
So we asked why. The librarian told us that it was because he was 5...and needed his OWN library card! 

Yes! So that's what we did. he had to sign it and everything. It was so awesome. I would be lying if I didn't admit that I teared up a little. 


here he is. signing the card. 


This is what I like to call the "click smile". He like winks and smiles and clicks. It's weird and hilarious and awesome. All in one.


When the librarian told him to smile for the camera, he did this. And held it for like 2 solid minutes. Long after she said, "okay, sweetie. I got it."

he's growing up. And he's so proud of his new card.

No comments:

you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss

About Me

My photo
i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.