Tuesday, May 10, 2011

week 39.

Highlights of this week regarding my pregnancy:

It takes me a solid 3 minutes to get out of my bed the 12 times I get up to void at night. I push myself up. Then sit and catch my breath with my kegs hanging over the edge. Then I push myself off the bed and waddle to pee.

Pratt has started telling random people, "my mommy pees even more when she stands up. Only then is her badder (bladder) really empty".

I'm really looking forward to a stiff drink.

If clint starts running or doing p90x before I birth this child of his, I'm gonna kill him.

Pratt's behavior has been perfect the past 2 days. It's like he knows things are about to change. So he's getting all his "good" out.

I'm pretty sure I have a DVT in my right leg. Clint says I'm crazy. But I'm serious.




Other highlights of the week...

Pratt as: King of the Forest.




His first taste of honeysuckle.




The beautiful roses that grow in our yard. Thank you to the previous home owners.




Pratt's first ballpark trip to see Coleman, Leyton and Carter play ball.




I was helping Pratt draw with sidewalk chalk when I looked down and saw this...




That's my "belly button" sticking out under my blue t-shirt. Hot. I know.

As is this...my new balancing act.




Using his bug box to find those big, black, hairy, chubby caterpillars. I won't let him touch them. Because I'm pretty sure they are poisonous.









I'm exhausted. And tired of hurting. But I'm reminded daily how easy this has been.

Happy day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

The Bells said...

That's crazy how your DVT changed legs! Here's hoping you deliver soon!

Anonymous said...

can i just say that i love that pratt knows how you get your bladder empty!?!


i hope the next 9 or less days FLY by super fast.

you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss

About Me

My photo
i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.