Thursday, October 14, 2010

first trip to the dentist!

My little boy had his first dental visit today!!! His first "real" cleaning with a polisher and floss and even a trip to the toy chest!!

He did so good for Miss Jennifer who is truly a pro at working with kids. She let him touch everything from her magic mirror to mr. Thirsty.

He was so calm and still and perfect the entire time she worked on him.

And the best news of the day: no cavity bugs!!! Yay for me! Because do you even know what kind of crap my husband would give me if he had had any cavities!?

Here are a few pictures. Seeing him in the chair, holding the mirror, watching everything she did, being so good...it all made me so proud.

For the first time, I realized that I have done a good job with him. That I fail every single day. But you know what, it's not because I don't try. He is good because I work hard at being consistent.

And I needed that little boost of self esteem.

And it was short lived. Because about five minutes after we left, we pulled up at sonic and he hurled a racecar at my head when I didn't get his fries to him fast enough.

So see. Pratt always has a way of bringing me down to size. Reminding me to keep on my toes :)















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Laura said...

I cannot believe how good he was! Abs would have flipped the freak out. She won't even stand on a scale at the doctor's office - or let a doctor look in her mouth. I cannot imagine trying to get her to sit in a chair while people poke around in there. Way to go Pratt! That's, actually, really really impressive. :) Good job mama.

Anonymous said...

I wondered if you would take him to a kid dentist or to Clint! I couldn't decide, I didn't know how Brylee would do either way. Cute pictures! Hope you are doing well--thanks for texting the other day through my drama--I still can't believe some of the things I wrote-haha! In the moment I guess. Brylee is sound asleep right now for the first time after crying it out for days, maybe it worked! Love ya

Cookie said...

Wish Clint would have been around when Spencer went to the dentist the first time. She bit Dr. Kaldem and wet her pants. Maybe we should have taken "soft bear"

you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss

About Me

My photo
i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.