On one hand, I'm proud that he's growing up. I'm proud that he's becoming more and more capable of simple tasks.
But there are days when I still want him to need me. To call out, "help mom! I'm ...". I love this age. Even with all the independence, um...issues. Yes, independence issues.
Today we made a few homemade flashcards for his sink. Hot water on baby hands isn't much fun.
When we were making the cards he knew what sounds the h and t made. He amazes me every day. Their little brains hold so much stuff. They are really just begging to learn. It's all how we choose to react. It's so simple to put on a show. Or let them play alone.
But I know that every book I read, every song I sing, and every puzzle I put together matters. Matters in a big, gigantic way.
And that keeps me on the floor. At his side. Sitting at his playroom table.
May I never forget this. No matter how busy I may be.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:
He's brilliant!!!!!
Post a Comment