when pratt was only a few months old and screamed the entire time i would try to go to target or kroger, i'd wish for the day he was big enough to help. the day he would actually enjoy going to the grocery store (or anywhere else) with me.
that day has arrived. so i'd be extremely happy if God would just stop time right now. because i'm set. like a vampire. just not age past this one day. just stay right here forever. me, pratt, clint and edward cullen.
today it rained. so we got out our "rainboos" and played in the mud. we also went to the grocery. and he carried the "heaby" (heavy) box of teddy grahams all over the store. until we got up to the check out. and that's when he leaned up, on his tippy toes and placed the box on the counter.
i love this little boy so very much. so, so very much.



2 comments:
So, I was reading your blog, and it got me thinking about how much I enjoyed my kids at age 2. How sweet, and innocent, and, well, heavenly they are. And I loved that time. I really did. I look back on those days fondly, and with a pang of melancholy for times gone by. But variety is the spice of life, and I fear that we would soon grow tired of our children if they were perpetually two. If they were never completely potty trained. If they tossed cheerios on the floor every time we served them. If they had a meltdown in Kroger week after week.
Sure, the twos are fun. So, too, are the tens. I promise. A different kind of fun. It's so rewarding to watch my kids grow. To love them more as they become their own people. They teach me far more than I have ever taught them. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing just how far your Pratt will go in this world!
ri.diculous. that's how photogenic pratt is. i guess it would be "ridiculously." i love that his expressions mimic his momma's. love, love, love.
Post a Comment