My child NEVER stops talking. Like, even in his sleep. Today he only napped for an hour. He doesn't realize it, but he is not even going to try to give up that nap. Reason number 800 I'm not going to a toddler bed. Dr. Weissbluth said to wait. And I follow any and all instructions. Even though pratt totally jumped two weeks ago. Like out of his bed. Yep. Jumped. Knocked the wind out of him.
Well, today around 5 I tried to convince him to lay down on my bed and watch Dora with me. And maybe nap.
He wasn't having it. Didn't want to nap. Instead he wanted to talk about pickles. And robots. And grasshoppers being eaten by the preying mantis on our front porch. He wanted to know when we were going to go to the library again. He wanted to know about the fish there. And the owl outside.
He talked about skeet and ace. And about Popsicles and oatmeal. And juice and goldfish. About elephants and spiders.
Are you tired? Yep. It's exhausting. And you have to respond to all that. Because if you don't respond he keeps repeating himself over and over again.
Every time I would try to close my eyes he would pry them open and say, "peek boo mom!!" and then fall out laughing. I'm pretty certain my cornea is scratched.
Here he is. My little talker. Caught in mid- thought.


1 comment:
so funny. I woke up last week to my child yelling from the bathroom, "wake up sleepy bum bum, I pooooped!"
Post a Comment