Friday, March 12, 2010

my first flowers.

yesterday pratt and i went outside for a while. it was a bit chilly, but i figured it was good for him. you know, to be outside and all. i think that kids stay inside too much these days. watch too much tv. too much veggie tales.

and this was completely unprompted on my part. promise.

but here's what happened.

this...



and then, yes...he walked over and gave them to me.

here they are. my first flowers from pratt. i'm crying thinking about it now.



and while i'm thinking about it. i'm going to get him to initial something now. something stating that he is not able to marry until i'm 85. or have been dead 15 years. whichever comes last. and no, i don't care that that makes him a weirdo. he's got "weirdo" in his genes. so that's kinda irrelevant.

happy weekend!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

My dad literally did write a contract saying that I wouldn't get married until I was 50. He had me "sign" it. I was 3. I'd bet money on the chance that he still has it.

Love your first flowers! Way to go, Pratt!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

so cute! calleigh gave me a daffodil today. can't believe they are already blooming...on another note i have been telling calleigh she can't get married until she is 67. that is what my mom told me...so it only seems right that i would teach C this too.

Laura said...

I love love love that you have this documented. :))

Anonymous said...

I think you had the same special day and "moment" that I had today. Some days we are just in awe of them....oh we are so blessed. I know that because I cannot even type this comment to you without crying...God is so good. We love yall. Hope to see you soon.

Flowers said...

Beautiful.... the pictures and words were a joy to see and read... :O)

you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss

About Me

My photo
i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.