Thursday, September 18, 2008

thursday, september 18th

Today is Thursday.

It feels like this week has moved slower than any other in the history of the world.

Yesterday clint got to hold pratt for 45 minutes. He loved every minute. I think his favorite part was how pratt would just look up at him with those wide eyes.

The spinal tap was done on Wednesday morning. It went well. The doctor said it didn’t take 2 minutes and that the “fluid was remarkably clear”. This was a good thing. He said that he would “fall off (his) chair if something cultured”.

When my mom and I got to the hospital, nurse Sandi was cleaning up Pratt’s back. I didn’t get to hold him because his back was most likely sore from the spinal tap. I was okay with that. I knew that he had been held by clint earlier…and knew that soon enough, I’d get to hold him.

I’ve realized over the past week that I’m much, much stronger than I’ve ever given myself credit for.

Mom read him Billy Chrystal’s book. She showed him the pictures and everything. One day he will realize what a wonderful reader she is. She gives every character a different voice. Hopefully, she’ll read him Superfudge one day.

Last night Clint and I both got to hold him. We got to feed him by bottle. Sandy took out his feeding tube. So we’re down to one IV in his hand. He looks so good. His color is good. He has a very strong, loud cry. :) we found that out last night.


we are at starbucks right now doing this posting because we have no internet at home yet. we're on our way to the hospital when we leave here. we hopefully will get to hold him and feed him.


our hope is that he will come home sunday. that will be 7 full days of antibiotics. they still don't know what caused the infection...possibly a speedy birth with no squeezing of his lungs...and so there is fluid in his lungs that caused it. his labs have all been normal...but i'm still cautious. don't want to get my hopes up.


we think we'll be able to spend the night with him there on saturday night and we will bring him home sunday.


i must say that we have had soooo many people pray for us. as clint said last night, we feel very undeserving. there is no doubt in my mind that prayer is what has made this easier for all of us. i never thought i was this strong. i really didn't. i knew clint was...but i didn't think i was.


thank you to every single one of you that has prayed for us. please continue the prayers. we need them. we need them bad. thank you for passing the word on to friends of yours...friends we will never meet. i just don't have the words for thanking each and every one of you.


i will update as soon as possible. for now, it looks like the spinal fluid is clear...and he'll have seven days of antibiotic and go home with us on sunday.


again, thank you all. keep us in your prayers. we love you.


oh...and here's one of pratt and his very, very proud papa.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pratt is beautiful and Clint looks so happy. We can't wait to meet him in person. :) I am so hopeful that he will be home with you all on Sunday. He is so lucky to have you as his Mommy and Clint as his Daddy. He is very loved. Eva

Anonymous said...

Pratt is beautiful and Clint looks so happy. We can't wait to meet him in person. :) I am so hopeful that he will be home with you all on Sunday. He is so lucky to have you as his Mommy and Clint as his Daddy. He is very loved. Eva

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Hannah. I had somehow missed the last post. I added a link to your blog on my xanga. Our family has some serious, big-time prayer warriors, and they'll be on it.
I'm lifting you and Clint up in my prayers. Special special ones for Pratt.

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Christi from Hattiesburg, MS. Savannah sent me to your site to pray for you guys, I have and I will continue. I know that this is a scary time but I know that God works in weird ways. Soak it up!

Without giving you scary, boring details, I will tell you that I had a baby 3 months pre term. He was VERY sick and stayed at the hospital for 14 vary long weeks. That was 8 years ago. He is a happy, healthy little wild chid today.

The most important thing about this story is that 8 years later, we are still seeing the ways that God worked.

I pray for your sweet family now!

Christi in Hattiesburg, MS

Anonymous said...

Pratt is a very handsome boy. Prayers are being lifted up for you anf Clint and Pratt. Linda Jane in Mississippi

Tinsley Family said...

we love you guys so so much and we can't wait until you get that sweet baby home!!!!

rachel said...

Pratt is just precious-gosh we are definitely praying for all of you! thanks for the update!!!

Anonymous said...

O Hannah! I had no clue, but I did know that the Lord kept pressing your sweet families name into my heart everyday this week. I just kept thinking of you A TON!! Now I know why! I knew it was not like you to not write on your blog or update something. I knew that I should keep praying and checkin in on you. I can't imagine. I love you dearly and know that God is watching over Pratt even when you are not there. Praying for a speedy healing and for you to bring that sweet boy home! I can tell by the way you right that you have already picked up that motherly instint...you go girl. Much love and prayers. -Cari Calhoun... :)

Laura said...

So sorry you're having to go through this! But, you will get through it. You're right, you ARE a lot stronger than you think you are. In our prayers.

carozza said...

pratt is so beautiful! congrats. I'm so sorry that you guys have had such a tough time. we will be praying for him and you guys!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute, Hannah! I'm sorry your family has had trouble. You are in my prayers. Elizabeth T.

Ben and Bethany said...

It truly is amazing the strength that God gives us in the most difficult times. I will add Pratt to our prayer chain. Know that we are thinking of ya'll.

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

oh my! i am sorry to hear that you guys have had to go through. i can't imagine! he is so pretty and clint looks too precious holding him!
thanks for the update and will be thinking about you guys!!

Lauren McKnight said...

Hannah,
From the wonderful comments already left by others, I know that you and Clint have an amazing strength that you will pass on to little Pratt. He is so lucky. Neil and I are keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers. We have friends who went through almost the same thing with their baby. Good news--he is healthy and growing like a weed. God knew that you could handle this...what faith he must have in your new family! We are sending you all the positive thoughts and vibes we have!
Love,
Lauren and Neil

Little Oak Table said...

hi, i am friends with savannah. i'll pray for you. 2 of my boys spent a week in icu, and one was at children's. it is a surreal (sp?) feeling watching your newborn go through so many tests/iv's and not getting to love on them like you imagined. my heart just breaks because i know what you are going through. praise the LORD for great doctors and his healing hands! I pray he'll give you and your hubby the strength to sustain you and your little one during this time. love, anna

you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - dr. seuss

About Me

My photo
i'm a girl who likes to write. not a girl that's necessarily good at writing. it's cathartic, i think. and boy do i need that from time to time. i married a wonderful man named clint in may of 2007. he is everything i am not. he is calm. he makes plans. he is organized. his truck is always clean. his clothes are hung by types of shirt/color/size/etc. i'm full of nervous energy. i'm spur of the moment. i can't ever find what i'm looking for. we live in my car...pretty much. i'm lucky if my clothes are within ten feet of my closet. God gave us a precious angel of a baby in september of 2008. his name is pratt allen. he is 2.5 years old.we have another little one on the way. his name is max wesley. and he is due may 19th. somehow i'll be the mother of two boys. craaaaa.zy. i spend my days cleaning house. picking worms and caterpillars out of the flower beds. cooking meals. shopping at target. washing clothes. playing on the floor. reading books. doing puzzles. traveling to sonic. and the library. and blogging. i hope you enjoy our blog. feel free to leave a comment. hopefully it's a nice one. i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.