sometimes he will ask me little questions just to be talking. sometimes they are things like, "momma. I wonder why ladybugs are called ladybugs...but they are really beetles. What are your thoughts?"
But today. Today is was a good one.
"Momma. What do you love about this house of ours?"
so I told him what I loved.
his list included: cicadas. crickets. the trees. The long driveway. Our front porch. Max. and his red ear slider turtle.
as we were sitting and visiting, we heard a baby bird cry out.
without missing a beat, he says in his best baby bird voice, "are you my mother?!"
yes. Quoting the book. I laughed and laughed. And then he laughed. And loved that he made me belly laugh.
he also asked me to unlock the window so he could roll it down and wink at the drive through girl today. So there's that. and it's depressing.
what's not depressing is that my first born has one more year with me. At home.
Times like these I realize how great being a stay at home mom is. Because I've never missed a single thing. Granted, I'm nuts. But still. I saw it all. And that feels so good.


No comments:
Post a Comment